Welcome new residents

We're so glad you're here

On behalf of the Westminster—Pine Park Civic Association, we welcome you to Westminster Place and Pine Park.  We hope you enjoy living here, and we look forward to meeting you.  There is one civic association for our two subdivisions.  Participation in the civic association is voluntary, and no dues are charged.  We appreciate the dedicated people who serve on our board of directors, and we encourage you to consider how YOU can help keep our neighborhood safe, attractive, and welcoming.  We regularly need new board members, and we also need people willing to help with a particular activity.  Let us know if you can serve.

If you accepted the WPP stickers offered to you, please put them on the driver's side of the back window of your vehicles.  The sticker helps sheriff’s deputies evaluate if a suspicious vehicle does not belong in our area.

Our two subdivisions are in the Westminster Pine Park Crime Prevention and Neighborhood Improvement District, created by state statute, La. R.S. 33:9097.11.  Participation in the crime prevention district (CPD) is mandatory.  Each homeowner is charged an annual parcel fee of $100.  Payment is collected by the sheriff’s office at the same time as property taxes.  The district pays off-duty sheriff’s deputies to patrol.  If you have a security concern, you may contact CPD board member Paula Kemp @

We are NOT in the city limits of Baton Rouge.  Police protection is provided by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, 389-5000 (; Burbank Substation, 225-389-5511).  Fire protection is provided by the St. George Fire Protection District (; 225-454-6550).  Call 911 for police and fire emergencies.

Some of our elected officials

  • U.S. Rep. Garret Graves
    (225) 442-1731 
  • State Senator Dan Claitor             (225) 925-7630                     
  • State Rep. Steve Carter
    (225) 362-5305
  • City Parish Councilman
    Matt Watson


Get involved...

Phone tree




Westminster-PIne Park on


Nextdoor app


Utilities, parking, & pets

Service requests

Please help to keep Westminster and Pine Park in good shape by submitting service requests.  Do not assume someone else has submitted the request.  Typical requests that should be submitted to the City Parish Department of Public Works (DPW) are maintenance of ditches, canals, creeks, storm drains, culvert, catch basins, sinkholes (drainage related), potholes, bridges, shoulders, curbs, trees on city property, concrete repairs, drainage servitudes, blind corners (on city parish property), city lots, neutrals grounds, and right-of-ways, and damage to traffic signs. 

DPW also handles sidewalks if damaged by city parish work; otherwise repairs to sidewalks are the responsibility of the homeowner.

To submit a request for service to DPW, call 311 or submit the request online at Please save your service request number.  You will receive an email verification if you submit the request online.  If you are at the location of the problem, you may use the new app, “Red Stick 311,” to submit the service request.

Matt Watson, our city parish council representative, also is willing to assist you with DPW service requests.  You may contact his office at and 225-389-5169.  Provide Matt and his staff with (1) a description of the issue; (2) a picture of the problem, if possible; and (3) the nearest address to the problem.

If your DPW request is an “emergency” and it is not during normal work hours, contact Public Works Dispatch at 225-389-2070 from 3 p.m.–11 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.

Sewer improvements are coordinated by the SSO program of, 225-588-5678. Sewer emergencies should be reported to the Department of Environmental Services by calling 311 or 225-367-4179 or, if after hours, 389-2070.

Street lights

If a street light is out, report the problem to Entergy (not DPW), using the Entergy street light repair form.

Power lines

If you see a tree or branch that looks dangerously close to a power line (and it is a power line that runs from a pole to another pole), call 800-368-3749 (800-ENTERGY).

Water leaks

If you have a water leak emergency in your yard, call the B.R. Water Company at 225-925-2011 and follow the prompts for reporting water leak emergencies.  (To report water trouble after 5:00 pm or before 8:30 am, during weekends or holidays, call 225-926-3044.)


In East Baton Rouge Parish, all dogs and cats must be registered and wear a collar and license tag.  Dogs must be confined in a fence or home or on a leash no longer than 6 feet.  You may not allow your dog to roam freely.  Cats are not required to be on a leash, but they must be confined to the owner's yard or home or be under the physical control of the owner. 

Contact Companion Animal Alliance of Baton Rouge (774-7701) to adopt an animal or to find a lost animal. Contact Animal Control & Rescue Center (774-7700; to report a dangerous animal, dog running loose, animal cruelty, and barking dogs at night.

Parking ordinances

  • Vehicles must be parked in the direction of traffic within 18 inches of the curb. 
  • Vehicles cannot be parked on the street for more than 9 consecutive hours.
  • Vehicles cannot be parked on the sidewalk or the grass between the house and street.
  • Vehicles can’t block mailbox or driveway.


Friendly reminders

Neighborhood etiquette

  • Do not blow grass into the street.  (The clippings affect drainage.)
  • Help maintain all of our property values by edging the sidewalk and curb in your yard.
  • Keep trees and shrubs next to sidewalks trimmed. 
  • Remove debris and mud from sidewalks.
  • Pick up your dog’s poop.  Do not leave it in someone’s yard.
  • Make sure your pets have tags with current contact information.
  • Do not put signs about lost pets, garage sales, etc., on stop signs or light poles (use for this).  Take down garage sale signs after the sale is over.

Garbage collection

You must use a specific cart for collection of garbage and recycling. 

  • Garbage is collected on Monday and Thursday.
  • Recycling, bagged leaves, and bulky trash are collected on Thursday. 
  • Call 311 for all garbage, trash and recycling complaints and service issues.